I'd like to read numbers from file into two dimensional array.
File contents:
- line containing w, h
- h lines containing w integers separated with space
For example:
4 3
1 2 3 4
2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9
I'd like to read numbers from file into two dimensional array.
File contents:
For example:
4 3
1 2 3 4
2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9
To make the answer simple here is a program that reads integers from the file and sorting them
f = open("input.txt", 'r')
nums = f.readlines()
nums = [int(i) for i in nums]
After reading each line of the file converting each string to a digit
nums.sort()
Sorting the numbers
f.close()
f = open("input.txt", 'w')
for num in nums:
f.write("%d\n" %num)
f.close()
Writing them back As easy as that, Hope this helps
The shortest I can think of is:
with open("file") as f:
(w, h), data = [int(x) for x in f.readline().split()], [int(x) for x in f.read().split()]
You can seperate (w, h) and data if it looks neater.