How to run a Delphi 6 executable on Windows Azure cloud platform (need tutorial/sample)?

Viewed 4613

I've been reading up on Windows Azure cloud services lately. The problem I'm running into is that the Microsoft documentation is very Visual Studio centric. The second main source of tutorials/samples are based on the PHP for Azure environment. Neither of those use case scenarios fits my needs. I have a very rough idea of the configuration files and packages involved with creating an image that is compatible with a Azure VM, but I don't want to waste a lot of time figuring out the exact syntax/setup needed to get a simple Delphi 6 EXE that waits for HTTP requests on a port and returns documents without the help of IIS. I believe that my app would be classified as that of a Worker Role providing an HTTP endpoint.

Can someone point me to a simple tutorial that can show me how to do this without bringing VS, IIS, or PHP for Azure into the discussion?

Any tips/docs on being able to do remote desktop access in this scenario would be appreciated too, if it's possible to use RDP in this case.

2 Answers
Related