Wpf - Animate height from bottom up

Viewed 13398

I am trying to create something similar in style to Skypes notifications but am having some problems with the animation.

I would like the entire window to appear with a border at the top and bottom and then for the content in the middle to grow "pushing" the borders with it. I have managed to create something that does almost what I want however it grows from the top down where as I would like it to push up with the bottom border stationery.

I am using the following animation on the middle section that I would like to appear

<DoubleAnimation 
     Storyboard.TargetName="contentGrid" 
     BeginTime="00:00:0.2" 
     Storyboard.TargetProperty="(FrameworkElement.Height)" 
     From="0" 
     Duration="0:0:0.5"/>

Any Ideas? Thanks

Rest of the XAMl:

<Grid Name="notificationPanel">
    <Grid.RowDefinitions>
        <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
        <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
        <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
    </Grid.RowDefinitions>        
    <Grid.Triggers>
        <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="FrameworkElement.Loaded">
            <BeginStoryboard>
                <Storyboard>
                    <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="contentGrid" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(FrameworkElement.Height)" From="0" Duration="0:0:0.5"/>
                </Storyboard>
            </BeginStoryboard>
        </EventTrigger>
    </Grid.Triggers>

    <Grid Grid.Row="0" Background="CornflowerBlue">
        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
            <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
            <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"/>
        </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

        <TextBlock Name="notificationTitle" Padding="5" FontSize="14" Foreground="White">
            Call Manager - Incoming Call
        </TextBlock>

        <Path Name="closeButton"  Grid.Column="1" Margin="5,10,10,0" Fill="White" Data="F1 M 2.28484e-007,1.33331L 1.33333,0L 4.00001,2.66669L 6.66667,6.10352e-005L 8,1.33331L 5.33334,4L 8,6.66669L 6.66667,8L 4,5.33331L 1.33333,8L 1.086e-007,6.66669L 2.66667,4L 2.28484e-007,1.33331 Z " />
    </Grid>

    <Grid Name="contentGrid" Grid.Row="1" Background="White" Height="15" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" >  
    </Grid>

    <Rectangle Grid.Row="2" Fill="CornflowerBlue" Height="5" />
</Grid>
2 Answers
Related