Where can I find some documentation for BlueZ?

Viewed 10350

I am developing an android application for an embedded device that uses android 2.1. The bluetooth protocol stack is bluez. I cannot find any documentation related to bluez, and the source code is quite hard to read as it is not commented at all! There seems to have been a bluez wiki, but that site has been down for some time now...

Any help regarding where I might be able to find any help/documentation regarding how the bluez stack functions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Answers

For the official BlueZ documentation you can obtain it from their git site: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc

For additional information you can visit BlueZ site: http://www.bluez.org/

Depending on the platform you're using you may need to use D-Bus. There are a lot of different D-Bus libraries depending on which language you're using. I will warn that using BlueZ directly has a high learning curve and requires some knowledge of the Bluetooth specification.

For Android I would recommend using the Bluetooth classes that are packaged with the Android Platform API if possible.

Related