visual studio keeps asking to save project file as

Viewed 14227

I am using VS 2010 and recently I moved some files around and changed paths etc.

The solution still compiles correctly and all files are able to be loaded/compiled without error however just about every time I go to compile after a change it gives me the save as dialog and asks me to save one of the projects, if I try to give it a new name or something the dialog does not exist nothing I do can make it exit apart from pressing cancel.

If I do a build straight after cancelling it works fine and I'm not presented with the save as dialog. I have verified that the project file is not read only.

Any ideas as to whats going on here.

The solution is stored in TFS 2008

5 Answers

I solved the issue. When I try to save as this time it gives the error that file is being used by another process. Google Sync prevents to save so it opens save as dialog. You should put your project under a folder not sync while working.

Also, try closing sync. files tools like google backup and sync.

Related