Text align problem when using Arabic font

Viewed 4243

The screenshot below displays my problem.

The first EditText shows a hint in Arabic which is shifted upwards, now the second EditText is just for reference which shows the English version completely fine. Same goes for the Button.

I have declared the string in strings.xml like this:

<string name="ar_login">دخول</string>

screenshot of the problem

This is how I set the EditText's hint:

UserName.setTypeface(ArabicFont);
String hint = getString(R.string.ar_HintUserName);
....
UserName.setHint(hint);

UPDATE: I used this, but of no use:

UserName.setGravity(Gravity.CENTER_VERTICAL);

But with this, Text moved a little down; but i guess its not generic:

UserName.setPadding(0,15,0,0);

With Padding, English words move to downwards.

UPDATE 2: Originally arabic texts are separated; means they are shown letter by letter. So to join them, i was using this Arabic Reshaper. To Download Code, Check this link

Now when i reshape the arabic text and then set on TextView or as EditText's Hint, it got shifted upwords but without reshaping it is fine.

So i guess, whether i have to change the reshape class OR make my textview to not split the word. But dont know where to go?

3 Answers
Related