Recommendations for the most useful Delphi TStringGrid (Grid) replacement

Viewed 4691

One of the weaker areas of Delphi are the grids (eg TStringGrid) where, although it does a good basic job, it becomes harder when you need to print it or customise its appearance. I've used it for about 15 years thus its pretty embedded within my apps and over time I've home-rolled solutions for TGrid-to-RTF conversion (for printing via MSWord) and used TDrawGrid for a bit more customisation. My solutions (still) have to work in both Delphi 7 and Delphi XE. As it happens, none of my grids are DB-bound, they are all cell-populated in code.

Now I'm planning to sort out my reporting and 'pretty-up' my forms which means replacing the grid with a more capable implementation. There are loads out there and I've got two of them Developer Express Quantum Grid and the TMS Grid Pack. Time is very limited though to experiement with fonts, colours and printing and I would appreciate recommendations for which of the many grid / print-display report combinations I should adopt. I presenty do not have a report generator and was considering FastReports but I'm open to suggestions.

6 Answers
Related