Does anyone know where I can find a quick reference for all commands in gitbash for windows? The help command covers the most important, but I can't find info on basic navigation such as getting the current directory, changing directory etc.
Does anyone know where I can find a quick reference for all commands in gitbash for windows? The help command covers the most important, but I can't find info on basic navigation such as getting the current directory, changing directory etc.
You should accept Mike Gossland's answer, but it can be improved a little. Try this in Git Bash:
ls -1F /bin | grep '\*$' | grep -v '\.dll\*$' | sed 's/\*$\|\.exe//g'
Explanation:
List on 1 line, decorated with trailing * for executables, all files in bin. Keep only those with the trailing *s, but NOT ending with .dll*, then replace all ending asterisks or ".exe" with nothing.
This gives you a clean list of all the GitBash commands.