Why does TextView in single line elipsized with "end" show boxes?

Viewed 15709

I'm using a TextView in Android, what I want to show 1 line in TextView ending with ". " but this give [] type box at the end. I don't know why? I just want to remvoe this box and only to show text ending with "... "

TextView shown box at end

Update code for the list_row.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="85dp"
android:orientation="horizontal"
android:gravity="center_vertical"
android:cacheColorHint="#4C7B8D"
android:background="#4C7B8D">
<ImageView
    android:id="@+id/videoListImage"
    android:src="@drawable/audio_thumbnail60x60"
    android:layout_height="75dp"
    android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
    android:layout_centerInParent="true"
    android:scaleType="fitXY"
    android:layout_width="75dp"
    android:padding="4dp"
    android:background="@color/light_gray" />
<RelativeLayout
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="fill_parent">
    <LinearLayout
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:layout_marginRight="5dp"
        android:layout_toLeftOf="@+id/next_arrow"
        android:orientation="vertical"
        android:gravity="center_vertical"
        android:paddingLeft = "5dp">
        <TextView
            android:id="@+id/row_title"
            android:layout_width="fill_parent"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:singleLine="true"
            android:textColor="@color/app_background_color"
            android:textSize="18sp"
            android:ellipsize="end"             
            android:maxLines="1" />
        <TextView
            android:id="@+id/row_dis"
            android:layout_width="fill_parent"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:singleLine="true"
            android:textColor="@color/color_black"
            android:layout_marginRight="2dp"
            android:textSize="15sp"
            android:ellipsize="end"
            android:maxLines="1" />
        <TextView
            android:text="$7.50"
            android:id="@+id/audio_price_btn"
            android:layout_width="wrap_content"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:textSize="16dp"
            android:textColor="@color/color_white"
            android:textStyle = "bold"
            android:paddingLeft = "12dp"
            android:paddingRight = "12dp"
            android:background="@drawable/blue_round_cornor_background" />
    </LinearLayout>
    <ImageView
        android:id="@+id/next_arrow"
        android:src="@drawable/next_arrow"
        android:layout_toLeftOf="@+id/saved_purchased"
        android:scaleType="fitXY"
        android:layout_height="25dp"
        android:layout_width="18dp"
        android:layout_centerVertical="true"
        android:visibility = "gone"/>
    <ImageView
        android:id="@+id/saved_purchased"
        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
        android:layout_alignParentTop ="true"
        android:scaleType="fitXY"
        android:layout_height="25dp"
        android:layout_width="25dp"
        android:layout_marginRight="2dp"/>
</RelativeLayout>

Here is the images of "next_arrow" enter image description here

Here is the code I am using the getView() in adapter.

  String discription = listData.getDescription();
    if (discription != null && discription.length() > 0) {
        if (textViewDis != null) {
            textViewDis.setTypeface(titleFont);
            Log.e("data", ""+discription);
            discription.replaceAll("\r\n", "");
            textViewDis.setText(discription);
        }
    }

Here is the actual String of description to be display.

Andrew and Stephanie Tidwell candidly share their success story in this business. This story will help everyone listening realize that no one is perfect, even in a second generation business. This is a streaming audio file.

Still have some issue? I can update question more.

6 Answers
Related