css transform, jagged edges in chrome

Viewed 129336

I've been using CSS3 transform to rotate images and textboxes with borders in my website.

The problem is that the border look jagged in Chrome, like a (low-resolution) game without Anti-Aliasing. In IE, Opera and FF it looks much better because AA is used (which is still clearly visible but not that bad). I can't test Safari because I don't own a Mac.

The rotated photo and text itself look fine, it is only the border that looks jagged.

The CSS I use is this:

.rotate2deg {
    transform: rotate(2deg);
    -ms-transform: rotate(2deg); /* IE 9 */
    -webkit-transform: rotate(2deg); /* Safari and Chrome */
    -o-transform: rotate(2deg); /* Opera */
    -moz-transform: rotate(2deg); /* Firefox */
}

Is there any way I can fix this, e.g. by forcing Chrome to use AA?

Example below:

Jagged Edges example

12 Answers

I've tried all the solutions here and didn't work in my case. But using

will-change: transform;

fixes the jagged issue.

Adding the following on the div surrounding the element in question fixed this for me.

-webkit-transform-style: preserve-3d;

The jagged edges were appearing around the video window in my case.

Related