Can you layer pictures on top of each other on a webpage?

Viewed 64255

I want to build a website that is a "dress up" game where you can click on different accessories and they will layer on top of each other.

Because it's a little difficult to describe, I found these examples which should hopefully highlight what I am trying to do:

I have hundreds of different accessories as images right now, and (similar to the game above) I need to support being able to choose more than one. So I need a solution that doesn't require me to pre-save an image of every permeation of accessory combinations on top of the princess (as that would be millions of predefined images).

Ideally I would like a Javascript/jQuery or CSS solution but will take any suggestions that people have. Flash suggestions would be helpful as well.

So my questions are:

  • How is the example website above lining up all of the images on top of each other? I can't seem to find any CSS or Javascript code that is doing it?
  • Are there any suggestions on how to build this type of website (links, tutorials or code examples would be great)?
7 Answers
Related