How to add New Column with Value to the Existing DataTable?

Viewed 268315

I have One DataTable with 5 Columns and 10 Rows. Now I want to add one New Column to the DataTable and I want to assign DropDownList value to the New Column. So the DropDownList value should be added 10 times to the New Column. How to do this? Note: Without using FOR LOOP.

For Example: My Existing DataTable is like this.

   ID             Value
  -----          -------
    1              100
    2              150

Now I want to add one New Column "CourseID" to this DataTable. I have One DropDownList. Its selected value is 1. So My Existing Table should be like below:

    ID              Value         CourseID
   -----            ------       ----------
    1                100             1
    2                150             1

How to do this?

3 Answers
//Data Table

 protected DataTable tblDynamic
        {
            get
            {
                return (DataTable)ViewState["tblDynamic"];
            }
            set
            {
                ViewState["tblDynamic"] = value;
            }
        }
//DynamicReport_GetUserType() function for getting data from DB


System.Data.DataSet ds = manage.DynamicReport_GetUserType();
                tblDynamic = ds.Tables[13];

//Add Column as "TypeName"

                tblDynamic.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("TypeName", typeof(string)));

//fill column data against ds.Tables[13]


                for (int i = 0; i < tblDynamic.Rows.Count; i++)
                {

                    if (tblDynamic.Rows[i]["Type"].ToString()=="A")
                    {
                        tblDynamic.Rows[i]["TypeName"] = "Apple";
                    }
                    if (tblDynamic.Rows[i]["Type"].ToString() == "B")
                    {
                        tblDynamic.Rows[i]["TypeName"] = "Ball";
                    }
                    if (tblDynamic.Rows[i]["Type"].ToString() == "C")
                    {
                        tblDynamic.Rows[i]["TypeName"] = "Cat";
                    }
                    if (tblDynamic.Rows[i]["Type"].ToString() == "D")
                    {
                        tblDynamic.Rows[i]["TypeName"] = "Dog;
                    }
                }
Related