Failed to install *.apk on device 'emulator-5554': EOF

Viewed 118845

The project I tried to run is set to minSDK level 7. I have gotten the above error message when running Android virtual device-5554(the other devices work well). It is working so slowly, and taking too much time to get home screen not even run. At the end, it gives this error :

Failed to install *.apk on device 'emulator-5554': EOF

I restarted my computer and Eclipse several times, as well as clean projects. I also tried this Why is the Android emulator so slow? How can we speed up the Android emulator? to get it fixed. Yesterday, it was working pretty well. Now it is so sluggish.

Any suggestion or help? Thank you

21 Answers

I was getting this problem because of Encoding problems. To fix, you can (using eclipse 3.6. STS)

  • Right click on the Project, select properties, choose "Resource" (first option on my properties screen)
  • Under "Text file encoding" choose Other->UTF-8
  • Click the "Apply" Button and continue with Ok.

Project->Clean

Project->Run

.apk loads fine.

In my case I have used a tab size(7") emulator to test the application.But It gave me "Failed to install xxxxx.apk on device 'emulator-5554! " and launch cancelled.

The only worked solution to me was set the emulator ram size bit high(1512Mb) and VM Heap size to 36.

After that It worked like charm.

Thank You.

Wipe Data and restart the virtual device again fix the issue in my case.

enter image description here

In my case I was getting these errors during installation of an apk on a device:

  • Error during Sync: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

  • Error during Sync: EOF

  • Unable to open connection to: localhost/127.0.0.1:5037, due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

That led to:

java.io.IOException: EOF

Error while Installing APK

Restarting a device and adb devices didn't help.

I replaced a data-cable and installed the apk.

Related