How to solve "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration" for Spring Data Maven Builds

Viewed 1197521

I am trying to work with Spring Data and Neo4j. I started by trying to follow this guide linked to by the main site. In particular I based my pom.xml off of the "Hello, World!" example file. Here is a snip from my pom.xml for the plugin that is causing the issues...

<plugin>
<!-- Required to resolve aspectj-enhanced class features -->
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <configuration>
        <outxml>true</outxml>
        <aspectLibraries>
            <aspectLibrary>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-aspects</artifactId>
            </aspectLibrary>
            <aspectLibrary>
                <groupId>org.springframework.data</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-data-neo4j</artifactId>
            </aspectLibrary>
        </aspectLibraries>
        <source>1.6</source>
        <target>1.6</target>
    </configuration>
    <executions>
        <!-- ERROR HERE IN ECLIPSE SEE BELOW FOR FULL MESSAGE -->
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>compile</goal>
                <goal>test-compile</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
            <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
            <version>${aspectj.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
            <artifactId>aspectjtools</artifactId>
            <version>${aspectj.version}</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</plugin>

The error I am seeing is:

 Multiple annotations found at this line:
    - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile (execution: default, phase: process-classes)
    - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:test-compile (execution: default, phase: process-classes)

I am running Eclipse 3.6.2 and m2e 0.13. I'm not a Maven expert, so please be very explanatory in your answers if possible.

I've also tried m2e 1.0.0 via this update site and still get the same error.

33 Answers

you can suppress this error in eclipse: Window -> Preferences -> Maven -> Error/Warnings

Most of the answers are about just ignoring error and other suggested solutions doesn't work in my case [for maven-compiler-plugin]. My solution to this problem:

  1. Go .m2 local repository in your system and find org.apache.maven.plugins directory:
    • C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins
  2. Remove maven-compiler-plugin folder from this directory
    • You may have to close your IDE (Eclipse)
  3. After that open the IDE again and update project by Maven
    • In Eclipse right-click on the project root and choose Maven -> Update project...

I'm meeting this problem for years... eclipse' shame. If your app is split into maven modules then you may consider removing affected modules from IDE, whenever you need to regenerate/run the plugin use maven command line with install, eclipse is then happy with prepared artifacts present in your local repository. No fiddle-around needed.

Related