Histogram matching of two colored images in matlab

Viewed 13833

Anyone knows how to perform RGB histogram matching on two colored images?

for example this is an image to be re-mapped:

image to be re-mapped

and this is a target image

target image

Then the RGB remapped image look like this

re-mapped image

here is what I did so far, in this code I took two color images im1 and im2

I took the im1 which is the one that has to be remapped then broke it up into

its colors then I took each color of im1 and used histeq to match their histograms to

each color in im2.

I don't know how to reconstruct the re-mapped image from the colors I matched, any help please that would be nice??:

im1 = imread('Atlas-Mer.png');
im2 = imread('techno-trs.png');

Red1 = im1(:, :, 1);
Green1 = im1(:, :, 2);
Blue1 = im1(:, :, 3);
.
.
.
Red2 = im2(:, :, 1);
Green2 = im2(:, :, 2);
Blue2 = im2(:, :, 3);

red2n = histeq(Red2,HnRed1);
green2n = histeq(Green2,HnGreen1);
blue2n = histeq(Blue2,HnBlue1);
3 Answers
Related