PHPUnit tests real example

Viewed 20880

I've created a mail wrapper class. I know that there are lots of libraries to send e-mails but i want to learn TDD... So, I've created some tests and i have some code. Now I can set the email address on constructor and validate it... if the email address is wrong, an exception raise up. The email address is the only one required field... I don't have sets and gets because user will setup all email data on constructor.

Now, i'm going to write the send tests. I don't know how to start it. How could i test if the values are there (subject, mail body, headers) if i don't want to have setters and getters? How could I test if an email could be sent?

Real world TDD examples are hard to me. I've tried to learn about it, i've read lots of things but i cannot test real code.

Thanks.

3 Answers
Related