Deserializing JSON into object with overloaded methods using Jackson

Viewed 54456

I am attempting to deserialize a JSON object stored in CouchDb using Jackson. This object needs to deserialize into a pojo that contains overloaded methods. When I attempt to retrieve the object from couch and do the deserialization I get the following exception:

org.ektorp.DbAccessException: org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Conflicting setter definitions for property "multiplier": com.db.commodities.framework.sdos.model.security.EqOpt#setMultiplier(1 params) vs com.db.commodities.framework.sdos.model.security.EqOpt#setMultiplier(1 params)

I tried to annotate the setter I would like Jackson to use, but that appears to not have worked.

@JsonProperty("multiplier")
public void setMultiplier(SDOSAttribute multiplier) {
     this.multiplier = multiplier;
}

public void setMultiplier(double multiplier) {
     this.multiplier.setValue(String.valueOf(multiplier));
}

How do I configure Jackson to properly deserialize using a specific method? Or am I approaching this problem the wrong way?

EDIT:

I have made the following changes. This seems to work, but is a little uglier. If anyone has a better way to do this please feel free to share and I will gladly accept.

@JsonProperty("multiplier")
protected void setMultiplierAttribute(SDOSAttribute multiplier) {
    this.multiplier = multiplier;
}

@JsonIgnore
public void setMultiplier(double multiplier) {
    this.multiplier.setValue(String.valueOf(multiplier));
}
4 Answers
@JsonSetter
public void setMultiplier(SDOSAttribute multiplier) {
     this.multiplier = multiplier;
}

public void setMultiplier(double multiplier) {
     this.multiplier.setValue(String.valueOf(multiplier));
}
Related