How to decide what to use - double or decimal?

Viewed 12602

Possible Duplicate:
decimal vs double! - Which one should I use and when?

I'm using double type for price in my trading software. I've noticed that sometimes there are a odd errors. They occur if price contains 4 digits after "dot", like 2.1234.

When I sent from my program "2.1234" on the market order appears at the price of "2.1235".

I don't use decimal because I don't need "extreme" precision. I don't need to distinguish for examle "2.00000000003" from "2.00000000002". I need maximum 6 digits after a dot.

The question is - where is the line? When to use decimal?

Should I use decimal for any finansical operations? Even if I need just one digit after the dot? (1.1 1.2 etc.)

I know decimal is pretty slow so I would prefer to use double unless decimal is absolutely required.

11 Answers
Related