exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

Viewed 361347

The following program is throwing error:

public class HelloWorld {
    public static void main(String args[]) {
        System.out.println("Hello World!"); 
    }
}

CLASSPATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin\

Path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin\

JAVAHOME C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin

Can you please tell me the root cause?

20 Answers

Add the jar in your classpath.

For example, if you have NoClassDefFoundError for class XXXXXX, get the jar containing the class and add it to your classpath manually.

It works for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

I finally found this as a bug with Apache Netbeans editor:

Below steps will remove the error:

  1. Rename the filename & class to Abc
  2. Close the editor
  3. Reopen the editor
  4. Rename the filename & class, from Abc, back to the previous name
  5. Now debug project (Ctrl+F5) works fine

Hope that helps, if you are using new Apache Netbeans (not old Netbeans)

I had this proplem I used maven. I just click maven projects ant then name

project-> plugins -> clean -> and button run.

enter image description here

You can find information about required libraries inside pom.xml, it is much easier to use tools like Apache Maven to build java applications.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.yaml</groupId>
        <artifactId>snakeyaml</artifactId>
        <version>1.20</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-lang3</artifactId>
        <version>3.7</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
        <version>1.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
        <version>3.6.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
        <artifactId>guava</artifactId>
        <version>24.0-jre</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
        <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.7.25</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.inject</groupId>
        <artifactId>guice</artifactId>
        <version>4.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.inject.extensions</groupId>
        <artifactId>guice-assistedinject</artifactId>
        <version>4.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
Related