Unit Test Assert.AreEqual failed

Viewed 17553

I have a unit test for a method which gets an object from a collection. This keeps failing and I cannot see why, so I have created a very simple test below to create 2 supplier object and test they are equal to see if I can spot the problem in my test of my code. But this test again is failing. Can anyone see or explain why?

    [TestMethod()]
    public void GetSupplierTest2()
    {
        Supplier expected = new Supplier();
        expected.SupplierID = 32532;
        expected.SupplierName = "Test 1"

        Supplier actual = new Supplier();
        actual.SupplierID = 32532;
        actual.SupplierName = "Test 1"

        Assert.AreEqual(expected, actual);
    }

But if I test the individual properties of the objects the test passes...

    [TestMethod()]
    public void GetSupplierTest2()
    {
        Supplier expected = new Supplier();
        expected.SupplierID = 32532;
        expected.SupplierName = "Test 1"

    Supplier actual = new Supplier();
        actual.SupplierID = 32532;
        actual.SupplierName = "Test 1"

        Assert.AreEqual(expected.SupplierID , actual.SupplierID );
        Assert.AreEqual(expected.SupplierName , actual.SupplierName );
    }
6 Answers
Related