Mailto from preferences xml possible?

Viewed 3484

I am trying to build out the preferences for my application and I was hoping to do a "Contact the developer" area where when clicked, it would open an email directed to me. Is this possible to do from the xml file alone or do I need to do stuff in the main class?

I searched here a bit but did not see anything about doing it from XML so maybe thats not possible? Thought I would throw this question out there.

Thanks!

EDIT: This is how I actually got it to work for anyone in the future looking for some code:

import android.content.Intent;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.preference.Preference;
import android.preference.Preference.OnPreferenceClickListener;
import android.preference.PreferenceActivity;

public class Prefs extends PreferenceActivity {

@Override

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    addPreferencesFromResource(R.layout.prefs);
    Preference mailTo = (Preference) findPreference("mailTo");


    mailTo.setOnPreferenceClickListener(new OnPreferenceClickListener() 
  {
   public boolean onPreferenceClick(Preference preference) 
   {
        // Preferences

        Intent mailto = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_SEND); 
        mailto.setType("message/rfc822") ; // use from live device
        mailto.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_EMAIL, new String[]{"test@gmail.com"});
        mailto.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_SUBJECT,"Subject Here");
        mailto.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_TEXT,"Body Here");
        startActivity(Intent.createChooser(mailto, "Select email application."));
    return true;
   }
  });

}

}

2 Answers
Related