How to create an war file in Eclipse without ant or maven?

Viewed 35088

I am using Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Helios. I have mainly done desktop applications before but now I would like to learn about Servlets. I have installed Jetty on my computer. And I wrote a simple Servlet in Java using Eclipse. But how do I compile it and export it to a war file in Eclipse? I have found some tutorials doing it with Ant, but I would like to do it native in Eclipse if possible.

Here is my Servlet:

package org.jonas;

// some imports from java.io, java.servlet and java.servlet.http

public class MyServlet extends HttpServlet {
    public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
        throws IOException, ServletException {

        response.setContentType("text/html");
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

        String name = request.getParameter("name");

        out.println(
                "<html><body>" +
                "<h1>" + name + "</h1>" +
                "</body></html>");
    }
}

How can I compile it and export it as a war file in Eclipse? Without Ant or Maven. So I can deploy it in Jetty.

1 Answers
Related