Yes, I've read the Apache manual and searched here. For some reason I simply cannot get this to work. The closest I've come is having it remove the extension, but it points back to the root directory. I want this to just work in the directory that contains the .htaccess file.
I need to do three things with the .htaccess file.
- I need it to remove the
.php
a. I have several pages that use tabs and the URL looks like page.php#tab - is this possible?
b. I have one page that uses a session ID appended to the URL to make sure you came from the right place, www.domain.example/download-software.php?abcdefg.
Is this possible? Also in doing this, do I need to remove .php from the links in my header nav include file? Should IE "<a href="support.php">support</a>" be <a href="support">support</a>?
- I would like it to force
wwwbefore every URL, so it's notdomain.example, butwww.domain.example/page. - I would like to remove all trailing slashes from pages.
I'll keep looking, trying, etc. Would being in a sub directory cause any issues?