How to center the <legend> element - what to use instead of align:center attribute?

Viewed 47450

What am I missing here?

Edit, because this doesn't work in a comment:

The below solution results in this:

----------------------------------------------------
|                                                  |
|                     Legend text                  |

but what I'm going for is:

----------------------Legend text-------------------
|                                                  |
|                                                  |

Edit #2:

Based on the feedback so far, it is sounding like this whole <legend> tag is a losing proposition. Does anyone have an example of what they use in lieu of this--something that has a similar appearance that is more reliable?

10 Answers

The legend can be styled by html attribute quite easily. I've found by searching..

<legend align="center">Legend</legend>

Use "margin-left" to legend to move the text to right.

  <fieldset>
  <legend style="margin-left:3%;">Summary</legend>
  <div>
  The novella The Metamorphosis was written by Franz Kafka in 1912. It tells the story of the tragedy of a salesman, Gregor Samsa, who turned into a gigantic insect, but still possessed a human mind.</div>
  </fieldset>
Related