Problem setting autosizing in interface builder

Viewed 7088

I have two viewControllers, one is a subclass of UIViewController (autoresizes correctly), the other one is a subclass of a subclass of UIViewController.
I did a layout in Interface Builder, I tested my code in the Simulator and everything works as expected. But if I rotate the device my views don't resize.
So I went back to Interface Builder and found out that I cannot change the Resizing property of the "root"-UIView. So I opened another file and the resizing property is fixed there, too. But it is set to resizing in both direction. This is the behavior I want.

How can I change the autoresizing of the top UIView so it does what I want?
There are not so many subviews that it is impossible to start again from scratch, but I don't want to do this.

Interface Builder, Autoresizing Mask

3 Answers

Open Main.storyboard as source (do not forget, it is just an XML file) and replace "autoresizingMask" tag in the View with the following line:

<autoresizingMask key="autoresizingMask" widthSizable="YES" heightSizable="YES"/>
Related