How can I make robocopy silent in the command line except for progress?

Viewed 179246

I'm using robocopy to do backups with a PowerShell script, and it's pretty awesome, except that I'd like it to only show the progress percentage while it copies and not all of the other information.

The other information clutters the command window, which I'd clean and simple so that it's easy to see the overall progress of the backup.

Is this possible?

9 Answers

I'm not sure if it is correct but I used this in Gitlab and it works:

robocopy <src> <dst> *.dll *.exe *.bat /E; $LastExitCode

The > null does not work in the quotes. It sees the > null as the batch filename.

The robocopy no output worked!!!

Here is the new batch file:

robocopy /mir /B /r:1 /nfl /ndl /njh /njs /nc /ns /np c:\EnvBackup c:\offsite_backup\EnvBackup

robocopy /mir /B /r:1 /nfl /ndl /njh /njs /nc /ns /np c:\shares c:\offsite_backup\shares

robocopy /mir /B /r:1 /nfl /ndl /njh /njs /nc /ns /np c:\Quickbooks_Backup c:\offsite_backup\Quickbooks_Backup
Related