Using memcache as a session store?

Viewed 18136

I currently have a huge problem. Two days ago my site running on one server was too much, so I purchased two more and had them clustered (rsync and load balanced).

I then start noticing that a user would hit server-1 and then on the next request hit server3 but that their session was still on server1 instead of server3 and they were no longer logged in.

I was recommended to use memcache for session stores.

My script already uses $_SESSION.

  • Can we get memcache installed and enable session handler support and set session.save_handler = "memcache" to force php to use memcache?

  • Is there any application programming that needs to be done to use memcache?

  • Will this solve my session between server issue?

  • Are the session stores stored on all the servers when they are created or is one like a master memcache server?

I'm using the codeiginiter framework

7 Answers
Related