Shortcut to create properties in Visual Studio?

Viewed 275735

I have seen some people creating properties in C# really fast, but how did they do it?

What shortcuts are available in Visual Studio (currently using Visual Studio 2010) to create properties?

I am using C#.

For example,

public string myString {get;set;}
16 Answers

What I liked in the IDE was that I was able to write a few variables like:

    private int id;
    private string name;
    private string version;
    private string description;
    private string status;
    private string symbol;

Notice, that the variable names start with small letters, and then select the whole block, and press Ctrl+R, Ctrl+E, Apply. The properties are generated with the capital letter:

    public int Id
    {
        get
        {
            return id;
        }

        set
        {
            id = value;
        }
    }

etc.

Go to

Tools >> Options >> Text Editor >> C# >> IntelliSense

Under the Snippets behaviour section:

Make sure "Always include snippets" is selected.

I hope it works for you too.

Related