Image paths in CSS to support CDN

Viewed 9284

I am trying to deploy our images to a cdn. Currently the css has relative paths to images on our site. These paths will need to support the CDN image location. Does anyone have advice on how I can do this?

Or if anyone has a good tutorial on deploying to a CDN.


This is how I ended up accomplishing this.

  1. I used SASS - http://sass-lang.com/
  2. I have a mixin called cdn.scss with content like $image_path: "/images/";
  3. Import that mixin in the sass style @import "cdn.scss"
  4. Update image paths as such: background: url($image_path + "image.png");
  5. On deployment I change the $image_path variable in the mixin.scss and then rerun sass

UPDATE

We use bash to update the file

cat > preprocess/sass/_cdn.scss <<EOT
\$image_path: "//CDN_URL/";

Example code in the _cdn.scss

$image_path: "/public/images/";

Then it works by default locally, but on production push, we run the bash script to update using the cdn location

1 Answers
Related