Building OpenLDAP from sources and missing BerkelyDB

Viewed 25379

I'm building OpenLDAP on a RHEL 5; I used instructions found at http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/113607.

All went well, until running './configure' for OpenLDAP - the following error was recorded:

*<earlier output snipped>*
checking for gethostbyaddr_r... yes
checking number of arguments of ctime_r... 2
checking number of arguments of gethostbyname_r... 6
checking number of arguments of gethostbyaddr_r... 8
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB major version in db.h... 5
checking for Berkeley DB minor version in db.h... 1
checking if Berkeley DB version supported by BDB/HDB backends... yes
**checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available**

I have Googled like a maniac but have been unsuccessful to find a resolution - any tips on areas to explore?

Thanks

5 Answers

debian try:

aptitude install libdb5.1 libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1-dbg

apt-get install libdb-dev worked for me in Ubuntu Server.

Related