jquery - submit post synchronously (not ajax)

Viewed 13211

I have a page (page 1) that accepts post requests, does some stuff and displays some data at the end.

From another page (page 2), I want to redirect to page 1 when a button is clicked, of course sending all relevant data required by page 1 via POST.

I can, of course, use the old hack of having an invisible form on the page, stuffing in all the data I need using jquery, just after the user clicked the button, and submit() it automatically. But that looks cumbersome - it's much nicer to use syntax similar to $.post, rather than starting to manipulate html. $.post would be perfect, were it to actually redirect to the page and not make the request asynchronously (I can't just redirect to page 1 after the ajaxy post has completed since page 1 needs the data to display something).

Is there some way to do what I want with jquery, or are ugly invisible forms the only way out?

P.S

I know there are other convoluted ways of achieving what I want, for instance using $.post and just planting the respond's html in the page we're currently on, but I just want to know if there's a straightforward way of doing this with jquery

5 Answers
Related