How can I make Java print quotes, like "Hello"?

Viewed 595706

How can I make Java print "Hello"?

When I type System.out.print("Hello"); the output will be Hello. What I am looking for is "Hello" with the quotes("").

11 Answers

you can use json serialization utils to quote a java String.

like this:

public class Test{
   public static String quote(String a){
       return JSON.toJsonString(a)
   } 
}

if input is:hello output will be: "hello"

if you want to implement the function by self:

it maybe like this:

public static String quotes(String origin) {

        // 所有的 \ -> \\ 用正则表达为: \\ => \\\\" 再用双引号quote起来: \\\\ ==> \\\\\\\\"
        origin = origin.replaceAll("\\\\", "\\\\\\\\");
        //  " -> \" regExt: \" => \\\" quote to param: \\\" ==> \\\\\\\"
        origin = origin.replaceAll("\"", "\\\\\\\"");

        // carriage return: -> \n \\\n
        origin = origin.replaceAll("\\n", "\\\\\\n");

        // tab -> \t
        origin = origin.replaceAll("\\t", "\\\\\\t");
        return origin;
    }

the above implementation will quote escape character in string but exclude the " at the start and end.

the above implementation is incomplete. if other escape character you need , you can add to it.

Related