MATLAB m-file help formatting

Viewed 18445

I could not find what formatting available to write help for your own MATLAB function. Very little information is available in official documentation.

Do you know about any other formatting that can be visible with Help Browser (not with help function)? As it is for built-in functions. How to format headings (like Syntax, Description, Examples)? Are bullets, tables possible? Or may be it should be a separate file?

I've tried text markup as used for PUBLISH and HTML, didn't work.

I found only one interesting thing. If your function contains mixed case, like testHelpFunction, its name will be highlighted:

alt text

No highlighting if it's just testhelpfunction.

Any other thoughts?

UPDATE

Here is extensive documentation I found on creating your own help files:

Providing Your Own Help and Demos
(Dead link replaced with web archive link)


(Dead link removed)


Updated again:

3 Answers
Related