Android-Hello World

Viewed 38501

I'm currently learning how to create android applications so I started with the basic "Hello World" tutorial over at the Android Developers home page. The code is quite simple but when I run it(I'm using Eclipse and a AVD v2.2), it only shows "Android." It does not go to the Home Screen. I updated everything and I still get the same problem. Is there something I did not or

New errors:

[2010-09-29 09:35:04 - DeviceMonitor]Sending jdwp tracking request failed!

[2010-09-29 09:41:50 - HelloAndroid] Performing com.example.helloandroid.HelloAndroid activity launch
[2010-09-29 10:16:23 - HelloAndroid] Uploading HelloAndroid.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-29 10:16:28 - HelloAndroid] Installing HelloAndroid.apk...
[2010-09-29 10:20:27 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-29 10:20:27 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-29 10:20:29 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!
12 Answers

I restarted my virtual device with the option Wipe User Data checked and then reran my app. That finally worked for me.

Note that in response to the other comments, I also tried the following:

  • Simply restarting the device
  • Restarting the device after changing the VM heap size
  • Restarting my computer
Related