Py2Exe: DLL load failed

Viewed 30020

When trying to use py2exe to convert a simple Python game I made into exe format, it gave me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Tali\Desktop\2exe.py", line 4, in <module>
    setup(console=['test.py'])
  File "C:\Python\lib\distutils\core.py", line 152, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "C:\Python\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "C:\Python\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 972, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\py2exe\build_exe.py", line 243, in run
    self._run()
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\py2exe\build_exe.py", line 305, in _run
    dlls = self.find_dlls(extensions)
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\py2exe\build_exe.py", line 389, in find_dlls

    self.dll_excludes)
  File "C:\Python\lib\site-packages\py2exe\build_exe.py", line 1021, in find_dep
endend_dlls
    import py2exe_util
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I searched the web for about an hour, tried changing things in my program. Nothing works. Although my program uses the "random" library, I haven't seen a case in which it caused this kind of problem.

The install script:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(console=['test.py'])

Yes, both the scripts are in the same folder (Desktop). If it matters, I'm running on Windows Vista with Python 2.7

Thank you all very much in advance.

9 Answers

py2exe looks very dated. The last release is four years old (from 2014, today is 2018)

The latest entry on the homepage part "news" is from 2008 (ten years old).

I guess it is better to use a different tool if you have errors with py2exe today.

Related