An error occurred when verifying security for the message

Viewed 50496

When I try to call a WCF service I am getting the following message "An error occurred when verifying security for the message."

When I remove the custom authenication the service works no problem. I can't figure out though what I have misconfigured in my web.config. Any insight would be appreciated.

  <system.serviceModel>
     <services>
        <service behaviorConfiguration="NAThriveExtensions.nableAPIBehavior"
          name="NAThriveExtensions.nableAPI">
           <endpoint 
             address="" 
             binding="basicHttpBinding" 
             bindingConfiguration="basicHttpBinding_Secure"
             contract="NAThriveExtensions.InableAPI">
           </endpoint>
           <endpoint 
             address="mex" 
             binding="mexHttpsBinding" 
             contract="IMetadataExchange" />
        </service>
     </services>
     <behaviors>
        <serviceBehaviors>
          <behavior name="NAThriveExtensions.nableAPIBehavior">
            <serviceMetadata httpsGetEnabled="true" />
            <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
            <serviceCredentials>
              <userNameAuthentication 
                userNamePasswordValidationMode="Custom" 
              customUserNamePasswordValidatorType= "NAThriveExtensions.Authentication, NAThriveExtensions" />
            </serviceCredentials>
          </behavior>
        </serviceBehaviors>
     </behaviors>
     <bindings>
       <basicHttpBinding>
         <binding name="basicHttpBinding_Secure">
           <security mode="TransportWithMessageCredential">
             <message clientCredentialType="UserName"/>
           </security>
         </binding>
       </basicHttpBinding>
     </bindings>
  </system.serviceModel>
8 Answers

I had a similar issue. I was building my datetime formatted strings using my local time, but my service/server was expecting GMT.

I needed to get the GMT time (JAVA):

final Date currentTime = new Date();    
final SimpleDateFormat sdf = 
new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'.000Z'");
sdf.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
System.out.println(sdf.format(currentTime));
Related