I need to check if I can write a file to a directory that user point to with Python.
Is there an way to check it in advance? I may be using try .. catch for this purpose, but I expect something better in the sense that I can check in advance.
I need to check if I can write a file to a directory that user point to with Python.
Is there an way to check it in advance? I may be using try .. catch for this purpose, but I expect something better in the sense that I can check in advance.
just use this:
def check_access(file, mode):
try:
open(file, mode)
return True
except PermissionError:
return False
print(check_access("test", "w"))
output if no Permission:
False
output if Permission:
True
if you use os.access() then you have a chance of getting something like
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/lawrence/Library/Application Support/CodeRunner/Unsaved/Untitled.py", line 8, in <module>
open("test", "w").write("test")
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'test'
you can still use os.access() but I don't recommend it