How to pass a typed collection from clojure to java?

Viewed 7096

I know the basics of clojure/java interop: calling java from clojure and vice versa. However, I was not able to return a typed collection from clojure to java. I am trying to see something of that nature List<TypedObject> from the java code which is calling into clojure.

Java Object:

public class TypedObject {
    private OtherType1 _prop1;
    public OtherType1 getProp1() {
        return _prop1;
    }
    public void setProp1(OtherType1 prop1) {
        _prop1 = prop1;
    }
}

CLojure method:

(defn -createListOfTypedObjects
      "Creates and returns a list of TypedObjects"
      [input]
      ;Do work here  to create and return list of TypedObjects
      [typedObj1, typedObj2, typedObj3])

(:gen-class
 :name some.namespace
 :methods [createListofTypedObjects[String] ????])

Let us consider that I am writing an API using clojure, which is to be distributed as a jar file, to be used from java. My question was really how to what to pass in place of the ???? questions marks above inside the :gen-class for AOT, so that a programmer writing a piece of code in java using my api, can have the appropriate intellisense / code completion (i.e.: createListofTypedObjects() returns List<TypedObject>) from within eclipse for example.

3 Answers
Related