Best practices for working with multiple tables

Viewed 34029

I use a database with multiple tables in my application. I have an XML parser which needs to write data to two tables while parsing. I created two database adapters for both tables, but now I have a problem. When I'm working with one table, it's easy:

FirstDBAdapter firstTable = new FirstDBAdapter(mycontext);
firstTable.open(); // open and close it every time I need to insert something
                   // may be hundreds of times while parsing
                   // it opens not a table but whole DB     
firstTable.insertItem(Item);        
firstTable.close(); 

Since it's a SAX parser, in my opinion (maybe I'm wrong), this will be even better:

FirstDBAdapter firstTable = new FirstDBAdapter(mycontext);

@Override
public void startDocument() throws SAXException 
{
    firstTable.open(); // open and close only once
}

...
firstTable.insertItem(Item);
...

@Override
public void endDocument() throws SAXException 
{
    firstTable.close();
}

But how do I do it if I need to insert data to the second table? For example, if I have the second adapter, which I think will be a bad idea:

FirstDBAdapter firstTable = new FirstDBAdapter(mycontext);
SecondDBAdapter secondTable = new SecondDBAdapter(mycontext);

@Override
public void startDocument() throws SAXException 
{
    firstTable.open();
    secondTable.open(); 
}

Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

4 Answers
Related