How can I attach custom behaviour to a double click in jsTree?

Viewed 21561

I'm using the jsTree jQuery plugin and want to execute code when the user double clicks a node.

I can't seem to get it to work. I found some documentation on a ondblclk event but it doesn't fire.

    browser.jstree(
            {
                plugins: ["themes", "json_data", "ui", "cookies"],
                callback:
                {
                    ondblclk: function (node, tree) {
                        if (!thisReportBrowserthis._isFoldersOnly) {
                            var f = node;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        );

How can I handle double click events with jstree?

6 Answers

The above answers do not work on the latest version of jstree (which is 3.3.4)
This cost me a day of mind bending work but I finally got it. Here is working doubleclick to Edit code:

$('#tree1').bind("dblclick.jstree", function (event) {
  var tree = $(this).jstree();
  var node = tree.get_node(event.target);
  tree.edit(node);
});

and here is a working jsfiddle.

It worked for me

$("#MyTree").on('dblclick','.jstree-anchor', function (e) {
    var instance = $.jstree.reference(this),
    node = instance.get_node(this);
    console.log(node);
});
Related