Parallel.ForEach Ordered Execution

Viewed 17967

I am trying to execute parallel functions on a list of objects using the new C# 4.0 Parallel.ForEach function. This is a very long maintenance process. I would like to make it execute in the order of the list so that I can stop and continue execution at the previous point. How do I do this?

Here is an example. I have a list of objects: a1 to a100. This is the current order:

a1, a51, a2, a52, a3, a53...

I want this order:

a1, a2, a3, a4...

I am OK with some objects being run out of order, but as long as I can find a point in the list where I can say that all objects before this point were run. I read the parallel programming csharp whitepaper and didn't see anything about it. There isn't a setting for this in the ParallelOptions class.

6 Answers
Related