Sencha Touch - looking for a good tutorial / getting started for a content application

Viewed 29666

I'm trying to build a mobile "content" application that will be used to display many pages of mostly text, using Sencha Touch (based on ExtJs). I'm familiar with JQuery & JQTouch; I've never used ExtJs before.

What's the best/fastest way to get started?

I started with the "icons" demo and was able to add a scroll property ('vertical') to have content be scrollable between the top and bottom tabs (that's actually what brought me to Sencha Touch: the ability to have "fixed" toolbars).

But now what? How do I update content?

In an ExtJs tutorial (here, near the bottom of the page) it says that one can act on an Element object to load content to an element; but that does not seem to be usable in the same way in the "icons" Sencha Touch demo.

Any help appreciated!

8 Answers
Related