Unique computer ID hardware based in Java

Viewed 7950

I need to generate a unique code from a single PC, my software will be distribute by licence, and locally I need to identify the environment and send this code to the server. I don't want to mantain on the server a sequencial number and each client recieve a number of the sequence, i tried to read the MAC adress from NetworkInterfaces, but is not secure, the user can change easily the MAC adress. The best way I think if its possible to read the motherboard serial number, but I haven't found the way until now. Any sugestion?

2 Answers

The MAC address is not reliable. You should aim for something that cannot be change such a CPU ID or HDD IDE ID. Here is want I mean: http://www.soft.tahionic.com/download-hdd_id/index.html

Unfortunately I don't think that DLL is working with Java, but at least it will show you some info about what is reliable and what is not.

Related