Nested Repeaters in ASP.NET

Viewed 74109

I have a class that contains hierarchical data. I want to present this data in my ASP.net webapp using nested repeaters. How do I do this? I've only ever done one level of nesting, how do I do say five levels?

Each item can have zero or many sub items. I'm basically just indenting at each subleveling using some css stuff. I do not want to use the treeview control, I want to strictly stick with a repeater.

Update:
My data comes from a database. I have an item datatable with some basic properties.

Item
{
   ID,
   Name,
   Description,
   ...
}

Then I have a many to many table with:

Parent
{
   ParentID,
   ChildID
}

I'm iterating through each item and displaying its children; and its children's children. I assume this would best be accomplished with nested repeaters, but I could be wrong.

4 Answers
Related