Test-resources of dependencies not in classpath?

Viewed 12221

I have a multi module Spring project that I set up using Maven:

my-root (pom)
    - my-logic
    - my-webapp (depending on my-logic)
    - my-consoleapp (depending on my-logic)

My Test classes inherit from AbstractTransactionalJUnit4SpringContextTests and use @ContextCofiguration for setting up the ApplicationContext.

E.g. the test class for a Spring Controller:

@RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class)
@ContextConfiguration(locations = { 
  "classpath:applicationContext-logic-test.xml",
  "classpath:applicationContext-web-test.xml"})
public class ControllerTest extends AbstractTransactionalJUnit4SpringContextTests {

  @Autowired
    private ApplicationContext applicationContext;
    ...
}

As you can see there is a config XML per module. I have seperate configs for tesing, residing in test/resources of each module (and additionaly having the suffix "-test"). This all works (the class compiles, runs and the JUnit tests are successful) if I run the JUnit test in Eclipse.

Now to my problem: Running the test using Maven will NOT work! (e.g. with "Run As">"Maven install" on my-root (I use m2eclipse)). Specifically, it will throw the following exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [applicationContext-logic-test.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist`

It seems that Maven does not add the files from my-logic/src/test/resources to the classpath that is set up when running the unit tests of my-webapp.

How can I fix that?

2 Answers
Related