Multiple textures in GLSL - only one works

Viewed 39407

My problem is getting more than one texture accessible in a GLSL shader. Here's what I'm doing:

Shader:

uniform sampler2D sampler0;
uniform sampler2D sampler1;
uniform float blend;
void main( void )
{
    vec2 coords = gl_TexCoord[0];
    vec4 col = texture2D(sampler0, coords);
    vec4 col2 = texture2D(sampler1, coords);
    if (blend > 0.5){
        gl_FragColor = col;
    } else {
        gl_FragColor = col2;
    }
};

So, I simply choose between the two color values based on a uniform variable. Simple enough (this is a test), but instead of the expected behavior, I get all black when blend <= 0.5.

OpenGL code:

m_sampler0location = m_shader.FindUniform("sampler0");
m_sampler1location = m_shader.FindUniform("sampler1");
m_blendlocation = m_shader.FindUniform("blend");

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
m_extensions.glUniform1iARB(m_sampler0location, 0);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, Texture0.Handle);  
glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
m_extensions.glUniform1iARB(m_sampler1location, 1);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, Texture1.Handle);
glBegin(GL_QUADS);
    //lower left
    glTexCoord2f(0, 0);
    glVertex2f(-1.0, -1.0);
    //upper left
    glTexCoord2f(0, maxCoords0.t);
    glVertex2f(-1.0, 1.0);
    //upper right
    glTexCoord2f(maxCoords0.s, maxCoords0.t);
    glVertex2f(1.0, 1.0);
    //lower right
    glTexCoord2f(maxCoords0.s, 0);
    glVertex2f(1.0, -1.0);
glEnd()

The shader is compiled and bound before all this. All the sanity checks in that process indicate that it goes ok. As I said, the value of col in the shader program reflects fragments from a texture; the value of col2 is black. The texture that is displayed is the last active texture - if I change the last glBindTexture to bind Texture0.Handle, the texture changes. Fixed according to Bahbar's reply.

As it is, the scene renders all black, even if I add something like gl_FragColor.r = blend; as the last line of the shader. But, if I comment out the call glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);, the shader works again, and the same texture appears in both sampler0 and sampler1.

What's going on? The line in question, glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE1);, seems to work just fine, as evidenced by a subsequent glGetIntegerv(GL_ACTIVE_TEXTURE, &anint). Why does it break everything so horribly? I've already tried upgrading my display drivers.

5 Answers
Related