I compiled libmad for sox. When I try to read an mp3 I get this message:
sox FAIL util: Unable to load MAD decoder library (libmad) function "mad_stream_buffer".
Did I compile the project incorrectly?
I compiled libmad for sox. When I try to read an mp3 I get this message:
sox FAIL util: Unable to load MAD decoder library (libmad) function "mad_stream_buffer".
Did I compile the project incorrectly?
Compiling SOX with Lame and Libmad for Windows http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Compiling_SOX_with_Lame.aspx
for compiling from source:
since the the tutorial http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Compiling_SOX_with_Lame.aspx is rather dated (and did not work for me with more recent VisualStudio versions):
the SOX project contains ready-to-use Visual Studio projects for compiling SOX and its dependencies/libraries on Windows (e.g. using a Visual Studio Community Edition).
The SOX source code repository at SourceForge contains a directory msvc10 (and also msvc9) for compiling SOX and its dependencies with VisualStudio.
Detailed instructions for that are in the Readme.txt.
So, for example, for only compiling libmad.dll:
sox-code/git clone https://git.code.sf.net/p/sox/code sox-code
libmad source code from SourceForge and decompress to directory libmad/ (cf. instructions of the SOX VisualStudio Readme.txt, see link above), i.e. the directory structure should look likesox-code/
libmad/
*.sln) in directory sox-code/msvc10 (if needed, change build configuration form Debug to Release)LibMad and select Build (or in older VS versions Project Only → Build Only LibMad)sox-code/msvc10/Release (or Debug depending on the selected configuration)tested with VisualStudio 2010 and Visual Studio 2017 CE