I'm using Jquery mousewheel plugin and I would like like to be able to detect when the user has finished using the wheel. Similar functionality as the stop: event in the draggable stuff. Can somebody point me to the right direction?
I'm using Jquery mousewheel plugin and I would like like to be able to detect when the user has finished using the wheel. Similar functionality as the stop: event in the draggable stuff. Can somebody point me to the right direction?
Nick Craver's answer works fine. But it will cause a small delay (of 250ms) to perform the // do something. A better option would be to execute your codes right away and wait delayms before catching further events.
To do this, use a global variable say processing, initialize it with false and toggle it's value before and after code execution.
window.processing = false;
$("#myElem").mousewheel(function() {
if (processing === false) {
processing = true;
// do something
setTimeout(function() {
processing = false;
}, 250)); // waiting 250ms to change back to false.
}
});