LHS and Markdown: Codeblocks

Viewed 4468

I happen to really like Markdown (probably because of SO) and I like programming in Haskell. I have recently discovered Literate Haskell (LHS) and I want to use Markdown and LHS together. Let me give you this dumb example:

Crazy Literate Haskell
======================

This is an example of some literate Haskell Code:

> module Main where

Look at that IO Monad work:

> main = return 2 >>= print

Wasn't that cool?

That is an example of a literate haskell file written to be parsed by Markdown later. However, I want the code to actually appear in html code blocks and without the > before them. Therefore I cannot merely indent all of the code lines by four because that would produce the markdown that you see above. Basically, I want the html to come out like this:

<h1>Crazy Literate Haskell</h1>

<p>This is an example of some literate Haskell Code:</p>

<pre><code>module Main where
</code></pre>

<p>Look at that IO Monad work:</p>

<pre><code>main = return 2 &gt;&gt;= print
</code></pre>

<p>Wasn't that cool?</p>

The thing to notice is that it has no > symbols. How would I do that?

1 Answers
Related