How to use the Strategy Pattern with C#?

Viewed 6133

Here's what I have so far:

namespace Strategy
{
    interface IWeaponBehavior
    {
        void UseWeapon();
    }
}

namespace Strategy
{
    class Knife : IWeaponBehavior
    {
        public void UseWeapon()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("You used the knife to slash the enemy! SLASH SLASH!");
        }
    }
}

namespace Strategy
{
    class Pan : IWeaponBehavior
    {
        public void UseWeapon()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("You use the pan! 100% Adamantium power! BONG!");
        }
    }
}

Now if I have a Character.cs superclass. how can that superclass implement a weaponbehavior so that children classes can be more specific.

namespace Strategy
{
    class Character
    {
        public IWeaponBehavior weapon;

        public Character(IWeaponBehavior specificWeapon)
        {
            weapon = specificWeapon;
        }        
    }
}

namespace Strategy
{
    class Thief : Character
    {

    }
}

How can I implement this? I'm very confused on what the actual code needs to be.

I know this might be asking too much, but if you could write the actual code so I could study it, that would be very nice of you guys. I learn by seeing code. :P Many people could benefit from this question.

7 Answers
Related